For most of you reading this, it will be summer and the way our school year works here in Lima, I am on my summer break, alas, I am in the Southern Hemisphere, so it is currently winter. It has been a much milder winter than the one in which I arrived last year this time. I appreciate this immensely!
There is no such thing as heating inside any of the buildings here. Thus, I tend to dress warmer to be indoors-I'm usually moving less- than I do when I am outdoors. It has rained (I use the term loosely. It's more like the air gets really wet and misty and standing water just appears on flat surfaces, such as the sidewalk.) more in the last ten days than it has in the last year, which, from what I understand, is pretty unusual.
This is my fourth winter in a row with a few weeks of summer sprinkled in between. I hope that next 'summer' I will get to spend a major chunk of it in someplace warm... Holiday anyone?
Glad you're back to blogging again, Aubrey! If someone is judging the quality of your posts they should be reading. A blog is for us to support you!
ReplyDeleteJapan was also terribly cold inside, though we did have some heating, so I think I sympathize but at least I could hug my kerosene heater if I was chilled to the bone. What do you do? Run a lap or two?