This was the traffic we had to sift through in order to get to the beach. We're only a few blocks from our house at this point. We quite enjoyed the license plate. The license plate of the car to the right of us said "sow".
The view from our beach chairs. God's creation!
Debbie, Jenna, and Megan soaking up some sun and fresh ocean air.
The sun rainbow :)
The lifeguards who had nothing to do since no one was swimming. They ended up playing a lot of raquetball.
I also had the opportunity to have my first try of Cerviche with a side of Camote. Cerviche is raw fish with lots of lime and onion! I liked the latter two quite a bit, but wasn't too thrilled by the texture of the raw fish, so I have to say I probably won't have it anytime soon. The Camote (Sweet Potato) on the other hand was fabulous, especially with the flavors of the Cerviche. This picture shows Choclo (Peruvian Corn), as well, which is one of my favorite snacks in Peru. I am happy to say that I have not gotten ill from any of the food I've eaten since being back, this included. Praise the Lord!!!
P.S. Thanks to Megan for sharing these pictures with me.
Thanks for the updates, Aubrey! We were so happy that you came to Basel for Christmas break. Joseph loves your quilt and its bright colors. Thanks again!
ReplyDelete